Offering professional copy-editing services for publishers and non-publishers, charities, local organisations, large and small businesses throughout the country.
- Copy-editing on-screen or on paper — using your style guides and brief.
- Editing non-native English.
- Coding and/or styling documents for typesetting.
- Creating artwork and permissions logs.
- Creating or amending style guides and composition instructions.
- Liaising with authors and typesetters/designers.
Whether you are writing an e-book, business flyer, an annual report, a web page, blog or a brochure it is very easy for errors to creep in — no matter how many times you go over it. No matter the size or intention, I can help to finalise your text with my professional copy-editing services.
- Is your use of grammar, punctuation and spelling correct?
- Are you addressing your audience correctly? — too much jargon could be confusing if you are trying to launch your business to a new market.
- Is the text readable? Is it complete or are there sections that you meant to go back to that were forgotten?
- Is there any content that you may need to seek permission for before publication — such as reproduction of images or text?
- Where should you put that apostrophe and should this be in quote marks?
- Perhaps you are self-publishing your own book or e-book and need help developing your writing, or English isn’t your first language and you want to check that your message is getting across.
Your organisation may benefit from the development and implementation of a house style so that all concerned use the correct terminology and tone of voice. I can help you to develop your own house style manual to be used across your business.
What is copy-editing and my copy-editing services explained
Copy-editing, in essence, is the taking of raw in-edited text/content and turning it into a format that is ready for publication for any given media. The aim of a good copy-editor is to ensure that the outcome is accurate, easy to follow, fit for purpose and free of error, inconsistencies and repetition. I work with clients around the world to produce content they are proud of.
To discuss your copy-editing needs
Call Claire today on 07752 006 312
I have over 20 years of experience in the publishing industry, offering freelance copy-editing and proofreading services since 2004. I provide professional copy-editing services for clients not only in the North Nottinghamshire and South Yorkshire areas, but throughout the country. My clients include publishers, self-publishers, charities, local organisations, large and small businesses.
I am an advanced professional member of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP) and was trained in house at Ashgate Publishing with additional training at the Publishing Training Centre. The SfEP guide to using an editor or proofreader is available here https://www.sfep.org.uk/about/faqs/using-copy-editors-and-proofreaders/